Flashpoint in 2023 – 12 months in 3 minutes
Welcome to the 2023 Newsletter from Flashpoint Venture Capital, where we showcase our highlights for the year across investments, ecosystem, trends, and portfolio. Click on the titles to read full stories.
🚀 General Flashpoint news
- Flashpoint US portfolio companies have raised over US$430 million to date
- Flashpoint increases presence in Israel, welcomes Noam Wolf as Partner
📈 Venture Capital strategy
- Flashpoint VC fund II exited from Comeet and OfficeRnD bringing total LP distributions to c.$110 million
- Flashpoint VC fund III exited from Telemedi
- Flashpoint VC fund III invested in Algori, the first portfolio company originating from the Baltics
📈 Growth Debt strategy
- Flashpoint VD fund I made its 3rd exit: Omnipack fully repaid its loan in November 2023. Earlier, the fund received a full loan repayment and warrant proceeds from Clausematch in June ’23 and ByNext also repaid its loan to the fund in late ’22. Warrants for Omnipack and ByNext remain outstanding.
- Unlocking Growth with Venture Debt
- VC of the Month by Vestbee
- The Views of an International Investor
📈 Direct Secondary strategy
- Flashpoint Secondary Fund I invested in Preply, a global language learning marketplace, connecting tutors with millions of learners from all over the world
- Flashpoint Secondary Fund I announced its final closing
- Flashpoint Secondary Fund I invested in Printify originating out of the Baltics, a move that’s shaping up to be another exciting chapter in Flashpoint’s diverse portfolio.
🗞️ Flashpoint thought leadership in the region
- Tech.eu: Venture Capital Scouting
- Forbes: Skin in the Venture Capital Game
- Forbes: Fundraising for Tech Companies in a Recession
- Blog: Legal Hints – Your Guide to Investment and Exit Strategies
- Blog: Easy Compliance – better safe than sorry
- Blog: The Modern CFO Stack
- Blog: The Fintech Infrastructure Landscape
- Blog: Embracing the Circular Economy
- Blog: IT Tips to Support Startup Growth
- Blog: Strategic Marketing and PR to Boost Your Growth
- Blog: Procedures and Tips for Effective Startup Reporting
- Blog: Practical Tips on How to Organize Startup & VC Events
🌎 Portfolio news
Guesty’s Thrilling Partnership with Google: Elevate Your Vacation Rental Business!
Borzo Aims to Replicate its India Hyperlocal Success Worldwide
Unlocking the Power of Blockchain: Mize’s Innovations in the Travel Industry
Particula Celebrates 1 Million Strong: Revolutionizing Chess Worldwide
Qmenta: Advancing Healthcare Through Innovative Medical Imaging Solutions
Testrigor: Key Checklist for a Successful QA Director
Qonversion Wins Best Revenue Platform Award at App Promotion Summit in Berlin!
Booksy Introduces Service Variants: Tailoring Appointments to Your Business Needs
Mesh: 7 Ways to Cut Business Travel Expenses for Next Year’s Budget
Flashpoint is an international tech investment manager with c. $430 million AUM focused on US and Western European tech companies originating out of Europe and Israel. Flashpoint manages five venture funds across 3 products: Venture Capital, Venture Debt, and Direct Secondary. The firm is headquartered in London and has offices in New York, Tel-Aviv, Budapest, Warsaw, Riga, and Nicosia.